Video Produced by Sam Fox
Blog Post Written by Whitney Anderson
Over the past year, our team at Fox Advancement has participated in a process with our partner Sarah McNally of TransForm Corp to affirm our Firm’s core values.Articulating our values was important for many reasons:
- Our values guide our culture. Fox Advancement aims to attract and retain top fundraising professionals. A vibrant organizational culture with shared values provides employees with clarity, helping us all understand, “This is what we stand for.”
- Our values guide our actions. When faced with big decisions as an organization or with our clients, we are guided by our values, asking ourselves, “How do our values inform our next steps?”
- Our values guide the experience our clients have with us. Fundraising is not easy work! As we partner with clients in their fundraising efforts, we want them to experience positivity, reassurance, and professionalism. At Fox Advancement, we consistently ask ourselves, “How do our values translate to the client experience?”
Fox Advancement is guided by the following values:
- Grit: We pursue our work with courage and persistence. We welcome challenges and the lessons they bring, and we seek creative solutions to problems.
- Service: We are servant-leaders who partner with nonprofit clients to achieve their goals.
- Leadership: We are committed to continuous learning and discovery so we can be leaders in the fundraising sector. Further, we provide the information, resources, and guidance to help great nonprofit leaders make a difference in the community.
- Integrity: Our words align with our actions. We approach our work with the highest ethical standards. We are accountable to our clients and to the high expectations we’ve set for ourselves.
- Gratitude: We believe the consistent and sincere expression of gratitude is core to strong relationships. We are grateful for our clients, the good work they do in the community, and the generous donors who support them. We also foster a spirit of gratitude among our team by recognizing and celebrating accomplishments.
- Respect: We are committed to creating environments of respect and trust through collaboration, patience, kindness, and listening.
- Adaptability: We celebrate the dynamic nature of nonprofit work. We work closely with our clients to customize strategies that advance their mission and goals.
Thank you to our nonprofit clients for partnering with us. We are fortunate to work alongside you in mission-focused, values-driven work.